Thursday, February 17, 2011

Clipa...my new BFF

I don't know about others but I'm certainly one who rarely hesitates to get what I want when I want. One very good example is when I come across an item I deem worth the effort of acquiring. I've often raved about the great buys I get but for me, this happens most with three things: books, bags, and of course, shoes!

I previously wrote how I almost bought a fifth pair of Sanuk Sandals last time and how I didn't because they didn't come in my size. Well, in my obsession to have the very convenient Clipa, a very sturdy and handy bag holder which I'll talk about in bit, I found the right fitting Sanuk sandals that I was eyeing at the labyrinthine mall that is Rustan's Makati. My friend always says I'm imeldific and truthfully, I am. I've more shoes than necessary but believe it or not, I actually use all of them frequently and they're not just there for display. I don't really like to wear any foot gear that have totally worn down so to avoid that I stock myself with options. Natch, the pairs I buy come in different colours to match my clothes.

Now, the Clipa. In one of my meet-ups with friends, I was introduced to the innovative tool called a bag hook (or hanger or holder, you decide). I've long ago seen the contraption in displays but it never really occurred to me how they work. After seeing how my friend fastened the thing to the table and drape her bags on it (like how you would normally hang a coat on a wall peg), my first thought was, "So that's what those things are for!". Of course, the next was to ask her where she bought it. It took me awhile to remember searching for it (I was already distracted with books at the time) but when I did, I really went all out to find the design that would appeal to me. A fruitless search after a long day at work pushed me to check out my options via the web. In one of the numerous forums I read, the topic of durability was brought up. And then it hit me, "Just how much weight can a regular bag hanger hold?". With almost everything available on the net, the answer to that question was easy enough to find. For most, the answer is 5 kilos. I don't think I carry all that much around with me but I do admit to lugging around more than what some women prefer. Since I like to hang around coffee shops, my netbook and/or Kindle is usually among my must-haves. The challenge then was finding a bag holder sturdy enough for my pack.
Obviously, reading through forums brought to my attention the Clipa. According to its site as well as the many reviews from its users, this was the perfect holder for added bulk. Finding out that this was available here in the Phils. since last year was a bit of a stunner. Granted the thing is pricey at more than 800Php, still it's compact and unassuming design makes up for the cash output. It doubles as a bag accessory and even as a bangle so again, the thing is worth its cost considering there are bag accessories and bangles that don't necessarily function alternatively. The Clipa comes in different shades but I opted for one of the classics for versatility...the hematite. I'm very happy with my purchase and though it may be one of my last for the next few weeks (I'm already saving for my next new trip), my Clipa will now be one of the must-haves in my bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment