Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rain and What It Brings


There are perks to living in a tropical country. One of them is having just two seasons to deal with, rain or shine. Literally. It being late July, waking up to the patter of rain is normal. Of course, since I have to go work, my mind went into overdrive into thinking what to wear. While I have three pairs of boots that I enjoy flaunting, only one is sturdy enough to brave the weather. I would love to sport those today, but then I remembered buying another cute pair just for this occasion during my visit to Korea.
To me, they seem more like galoshes than boots. There really isn't much of a difference but I like to make the distinction. The former is more of an accessory to preserve what is possibly a great and valuable pair of footsies during the rainy season, the latter an absolute necessity to any individual's wardrobe, rain or shine. While the boots I bought are adorable, finding the right outfit to go with it is a challenge. (I'm "girl" that way. Sue me.)

Anyway, to help that decision along, I opted to search the web for possible looks that I could copy. Although I didn't find any due to my available wardrobe goodies, I did see some very interesting items that I would REALLY love to have. One, is the funky pair of boots from Chooka that they used to do in collab with Simone Legno's Tokidoki, and another is the fabulous pair by Tretorn I recently saw at the mall which retails at the same price of my fave Sanuk brand.
I'm now alternating between thinking these things are a godsend...or really hating the timing since I'm trying to cut back on luxury expenditures.








No comments:

Post a Comment