Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Finding Comfort in Retail Therapy


Very recently I went on another shopping spree to relieve myself of some stress. Staying long hours at work, worrying about visa applications, and contemplating what to bring to the US all took its toll on me. I
had not originally intended to shop, really, but since the opportunity was there, I didn't bother to control myself...much. Sanuk was on sale with a 50 for 50 deal or what they call Happy Half and though the pairs they put on sale were limited, I still ended up with a purchase. I never regret my buys from that place as I know that my feet will thank me for the pairs that I get from there. Travel-buddies, Mitzie and Christine, agree with me on this as they, too, have a growing collection of Sanuks.
Anyway, to prep me for my long vacay, I had thought to get myself some undergarments. Divisoria had a lot to offer in that department but I was iffy about the quality of stuff I'd get from there. It is, after all, intimate and delicate apparel. Although they'd be more budget-friendly, they might fall apart on me after the first few washings. Since I was happy with my previous tops from Bench Body, I decided to get myself another set at their branch in Trinoma. Luck was on my side as they had a 2-for-1 kind of offer. I'd never been very good at estimates so it took me awhile to decide on what pair I wanted to get. I ended up buying a cream and blue pair though I'd promised myself that I'd return for another if they
should still have the promo when I got back. With my purchases swinging on my arm and my wallet already free of some of its content, I walked around the mall some more. I happened to come across a Sale sign at Soda so natch, that drew me like magnet. I don't really need another blouse but most of what I have are tees. It's rare that I find something in my size in boutiques like those but I was pleasantly surprised to find one that fit me. What ordinarily would have cost some four or five hundred was marked down to two hundred. Another bargain. Although I'd told myself to hold off on the shopping, there's a sense of achievement that I had not spent as much I would have because of the promos. I was tired and a few hundred pesos less by the end of the day, but I was happy.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I almost bought a Sanuk pair like that last Sunday!

    --Mitzie

    ReplyDelete